Well, yesterday was a big day for us, Joe was commissioned as an officer into the United States Navy!
It has been a long road coming and we were proud to finally see this day happen. Monty, Joe's stepdad, flew in from California to be here for the big day. Monty is a retired U.S. Army Major therefore was able to swear-in Joe with the Presidential commissioning oath while I took some pictures for Terri as she wasn't able to be here. It was a beautiful day in Jacksonville, FL at the Naval Air Station with the Blue Angels jet as the backdrop. Monty gave Joe the silver dollar that his dad gave him after his commissioning, dated the year of his commissioning (1976). Lieutenant Bill helped Joe through this process and was a great help in guiding Joe to this point. So, I'm sure everyone is wondering...what now? Basically, Joe will still be working at Gulfstream and will work one weekend a month in Jacksonville at the Naval Air Station. Obviously, he will have to do some time on the carrier and eventually will leave for long periods of time, but we are ready for this journey and I'm very proud of him. How could I not be?
So, here are a few pictures of my very own sailor...God Bless America.
Pages
Bring on the Georgia Peaches...
Sunday, October 21, 2012
About Me
- Jen Jankord
- Savannah, Georgia, United States
- I am a proud Ohio girl who for the past 4 1/2 years has lived in Irvine, California with my husband and 2 goldendoodles. We recently made a move to the East Coast to Savannah, GA. We are in the process of making this feel like "home" All three of them are the loves of my life! Joe and I started our photography business right after we got married in April and have been loving it! We enjoy meeting new people, hearing their stories and going through their journey with them. Joe and I are excited for a bright future ahead and are enjoying every second of life! We miss our family and friends dearly and hope that by sharing our blog with them makes the distance between us seem a little less vast.
Copyright (c) 2010 Jen and Joe Jankord and Powered by Blogger.










0 comments:
Post a Comment